Friday, October 3, 2008

Maps of the Imagination


'Sometimes it's very tempting to be satisfied with what's easy, particularly if people tell you it's good....It is very, very important to avoid all preconception, to try to see only what exists... to translate one's sensation".
For me, it is important to be able to find my own voice. Studying the basic technique, as well as the "masters" of any art is very important in developing one's art, whatever the medium, but I know that I have to work on my conceptual process as well. I have to do this so that what I am creating has some kind of weight, validity and meaning to me. I do admire the work of others and one's work can become even more expansive when collaborating, but it up to the individual to voice and express it own unique mission.

No comments: