Friday, October 3, 2008

120/1hr, 1/1hr





I like the waxy green shine of these leaves and the fact that they were ruffled in with the dry, dead ones. Their texture is kind of reptilian and I like how the colors are vivid and deep simultaneously

I found this odd shaped stump behind the trees near the museum's gazebo. Up close it appears to have serious insect damage and has a slightly charred look. I was really into the cavern-like look of this side of the stump...and was trying to get a look of light emanating from this would be cave. I did shoot this last one, maybe 2-3 times to get it the way that I wanted.  

2 comments:

dvisser said...

Outstanding, Sarah. I particularly like the image you made of the leaves.
Cheers,
dv

Leigh Merrill said...

Sarah,
These are lovely. The photographs you have taken of the sites are really engaging, too. I think that the pairing of the macro (site image) and micro (individual image) could make interesting diptychs. Great!
Leigh